In November 28, 1918 within VTsIK (All-Russian Central Executive Committee) was created the Central Administration of Registration, Allocation and Distribution of Printed Matter (“Centropechat”) and within it the department «Sovetskaya plastinka» (The Soviet Record). The purpose of new agency was distribution of printed matter (including phonograph records) as well as agitation and propaganda of new Soviet politics.
In early 1919 they began recording speeches of the most prominent figures of the revolution. They brought into Kremlin the recording equipment, which had been expropriated from the company «Metropol-Record», and its former owners: Ivan Moll, August Kibart and recording engineer Oscar Bleshe were hired to work in the «Sovetskaya plastinka».
During the period from 1919 to 1921 was recorded about 40 titles of gramophone records with speeches of leaders of the Soviet government. The «Sovetskaya plastinka» department existed until February 15, 1922.